There is a saying that says if you want to be the best you have to learn from the best. This saying also applies when you are making investments. To help us all learn I have collected some of the best quotes on investment (stocks, shares, bonds, etc) below.
- “Buy stocks as you would groceries; when they are on sale.” – Christopher Browne.
2. “Wealthy people invest first and spend what’s left. Broke people spend first and invest what’s left.” – Unknown.
3. “In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.” – Michael Jordan.
4. “Never depend on single income. Make investments to create a second source.” – Warren Buffett.
5. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin.
6. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin.
7. “Save to invest, don’t save to save. The only reason to save money is to invest it.” – Grant Cardone.
8. “The big money is not in the buying or selling, but in the waiting.” – Charlie Munger.
9. “No other investment yields as great a return as the investment in education. An educated workforce is the foundation of every community and the future of every economy.” – Brad Henry.
10. “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t, pays it.” – Albert Einstein.
11. “Learn everyday but especially from the experiences of others. It’s cheaper!” – John Bugle.
12. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” – Warren Buffett.
13. “Do not commit all to one boat.” – Latin Proverb.
14. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen.
15. “Successful investing is about managing risk, not avoiding it.” – Benjamin Graham.
16. “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.” – Donald Trump.
17. “Cost goes before the profit.” – Dutch Proverb.
18. “Don’t wait for better investment options, invest and then wait for better time.” – Ankit Samrat.
19. “As an investment banker, I’m in the cross-flow of information and the changes that are taking place in capital markets.” – Euvin Naidoo.
20. “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” – Warren Buffett.
21. “Wise spending is part of wise investing. And it’s never too late to start.” – Rhonda Katz.
22. “When you invest, you are buying a day that you don’t have to work.” – Aya Laraya.
23. “Put not your truse in money, but put your money in trust.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes.
24. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffett.
25. “Buy the best, and you’ll only cry once.” – Miles Redd.
26. “Never stop investing. Never stop improving. Never stop doing something new.” – Bob Parsons.
27. “I have nothing against investment banking, but it’s like massaging money rather than creating money.” – Michio Kaku.
28. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott.
29. “I never invest in anything that I don’t understand.” – Warren Buffett.
30. “Investment banks manage to go bankrupt through their investment banking activities, commercial banks manage to go bankrupt through their commercial-banking activities.” – Ben Bernanke.
31. “Investing is most successful when it’s most businesslike.” – Benjamin Graham.
32. “The financial crisis of 2008 was not caused by investment banks betting against the housing market in 2207. It was caused by the fact that too few investors – including all of the big investment banks – bet too heavily on the housing market in the years before 2007.” – James Surowiecki.
33. “Well, I think the secret is if you have a lot of stocks, some will do mediocre, some will do okay, and if one of two of them go up big time, you produce a fabulous result. And I think that’s the promise to some people.” – Peter Lynch.
34. “The essence of investment management is the management or risks, not the management of returns.” – Benjamin Graham.
35. “The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.” – John D. Rockefeller.
36. “Investment in some industries is expanding too fast, the pattern of distribution of investment among different industries is irrational, and there is pressure for overheated investment to rebound.” – Ma Kai.
37. “My philosophy is that if I have any money I invest it in new ventures and not have it sitting around.” – Richard Branson.
38. “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” – Albert Einstein.
39. “An investment must be rational; if you can’t understand it, don’t do it.” – Warren Buffett.
40. “Investment in girls’ education may well be the highest-return investment available in the developing world.” – Lawrence Summers.
41. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein.
42. “Investment banking is relatively easy to forecast, but the trading side is a tough one.” – Brad Hintz.
43. “Commercial real estate always trails residential, and as residential growth flourishes, shopping centers flourish and service the communities, and jobs come out.” – Johnny Isakson.
44. “Investment success does not require glamour stocks or bull markets.” – John Neff.
45. “Investment advice is a very important component of a good retirement policy. But it is vitally important that employees have a wide range of investment options, as well as full disclosure about the choices they have so they can make good investment decisions. This bill fails to provide workers enough choice or enough information.” – Benjamin Cardin.
46. “There is no better investment of time and money than in the life of a child. They are the future.” – Alma Powell.
47. “Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.” – John Maynard Keynes.
48. “Investment bubbles and high animal spirits do not materialize out of thin air. They need extremely favorable economic fundamentals together with free and easy, cheap credit, and they need it for at least two or three years. Importantly, they also need serial pleasant surprises in such critical variables as global GNP growth.” – Jeremy Grantham.
49. “You become financially free when your passive income exceeds your expenses.” – T Harv Eker.
50. “But a lot of businesses out there don’t see the return on investment, they look at it as a liability, and until they can understand that proactive security actually returns, gives them a return on investment, it’s still a hard sell for people.” – Kevin Mitnick.
51. “An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.” – Benjamin Graham.
52. “Don’t wait for better investment options, invest and then wait for better time.”
53. “90% of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined. The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” – Andrew Carnegie.
54. “When you invest, you are buying a day that you don’t have to work.” – Aya Laraya.
55. “Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, It is about the safest investment in the world.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
56. “Now, one thing I tell everyone is learn about real estate. Repeat after me: real estate provided the highest returns, the greatest values and the least risk.” – Armstrong Williams.
57. “There is no such thing as a worry-free investment. The trick is to separate the valid worries from the idle worries, and then check the worries against the facts.” – Peter Lynch.
58. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” – Warren Buffett.
59. “Relative strength measures the cold, realistic auction marketplaces appraisal of a stock, in spite of the theoretical value of the company or its popularity, name, an image.” – William J. O’Neil.
60. “There is no investment you can make which will pay you so well as the effort to scatter sunshine and good cheer through your establishment.” – Orison Swett Marden.
61. “When economic growth is slow or negative and markets are weak, most people worry about losing money and disregard the risk of missing opportunities.” – Howard Marks.
62. “The major fortunes in America have been made in land.” – John D Rockefeller.
63. “Investment banking has, in recent years, resembled a casino, and the massive scale of gambling losses has dragged down traditional activities as banks try to rebuild their balance sheets.” – Vince Cable.
64. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson.
65. “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.” – Jarod Kintz.
66. “American companies based in Scotland employ large numbers of people, – in fact, we are the best performing part of the U.K., outside London and the southeast of England when it comes to attracting foreign direct investment.” – Nicola Sturgeon.
67. “I was pretty young when I bought my first place, and at that time didn’t really view it as an investment. After living there for a few years I decided to move our of London, so I decided to rent it out for a few years. Then, as the property markets continued to rise, I made the decision to sell.” – Andy Murray.
68. “No investment on earth is so safe, so sure, so certain to enrich its owner as undeveloped realty. I always advise my friends to place their savings in realty near some growing city. There is no such savings bank anywhere.” – Grover Cleveland.
69. “Thy shalt not worship thy investment advisor, for if she were so smart she would be retired by now.” – Steven J. Lee.
70. “Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever-increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.” – Russell Sage.
71. “I will forever believe that buying a home is a great investment. Why? Because you can’t live in a stock certificate. You can’t live in a mutual fund.” – Oprah Winfrey.
72. “I have a problem with too much money. I can’t reinvest it fast enough, and because I reinvest it, more money comes in. Yes, the rich do get richer.” – Robert Kiyosaki.
73. “The best investment of your cash can any time crash but the best investment in your brain will get you highest gain.” – Nitu Lagare.
74. “In investment management, the progression is from the innovators to the imitators to the swarming incompetents.” – Bill Ruane.
75. “My hope is that countries like Morocco will have investment to create work so people don’t have to leave.” – Tahar Ben Jelloun.
76. “Wealth is not determined by investment performance, but by investor behavior.” – Nick Murray.
77. “Renewable energy also creates more jobs than other sources of energy – most of these will be created in the struggling manufacturing sector, which will pioneer the new energy future by investment that allows manufacturers to retool and adopt new technologies and methods.” – Jay Inslee.
78. “The investment of money is a banker’s business.” – George Gorr Henry.
79. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan.
80. “Productivity is the deliberate, strategic investment of your time, talent, intelligence, energy, resources, and opportunities in a manner calculated to move you measurably closer to meaningful goals.” – Dan S. Kennedy.
81. “Abandoning an investment philosophy in an effort to benefit from short-term market hype, seldom leads to good long-term outcomes.” – Quality Investing: Owning the Best Companies for the Long Term.
82. “Investment banks have lots of business opportunities ahead.” – Terunobu Kinoshita.
83. “Past performance success of mutual funds is rarely the precursor of future success.” – John Bogle.
84. “Real estate is the best investment for small savings. More money is made from the rise in real estate values than from all other causes combined.” – William Jennings Bryan
85. “You don’t make spending decisions, investment decisions, hiring decisions, or whether-you’re-going-to-look-for-a-job decisions when you don’t know what’s going to happen.” – Michael Bloomberg.
86. “Spend time upfront to invest in systems and processes to make long-term growth sustainable.” – Jeff Platt.
Related Post: How Do Bonds Work?
87. “As someone who runs a solar financing company and founded the world’s largest youth clean energy organization, I know solar energy is a very good investment.” – Billy Parish.
88. “Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan.
89. “My family is the biggest contributor of soft money to the Republican Party. I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right. We do expect something in return. We expect a return on our investment.” – Betsy DeVos.
90. “Instead of hoping he must fear and instead of fearing he must hope. He must fear that his loss may develop into a much bigger loss, and hope that his profit may become a big profit.” – Jesse Lauriston Livermore.
91. “What’s important is passion, investment, and people laughing out loud as they work.” – Dan Harmon.
Related Post: How To Read A Stock Table
This is all I had on quotes on investment (stocks, shares, or bonds). Learn from the best in the world of investments and you will increase your chances of success. I have a post on the best investments that will pay you monthly that you need to read. No need to be fearful of the stock market and other secondary markets after learning from the gems above.