We all crave financial freedom whether as children from parents or whatever it is that controls you financially. Be it credit card debt, personal loans, etc. In this post, I have gathered some of the best financial independence quotes or financial freedom quotes, which are out there on the internet.
Financial Independence Quotes
- “Financial independence is the ability to live from the income of your own personal resources.” – Jim Rohn.
- “Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms. I think that was the soundest advice that I ever got. No matter where you go in life or who you get married to, you have to be financially independent – whether you use it or not.” – Priyanka Chopra.
- “Realise that your dreams of financial independence have already come true on the mental plane, by the time you desire them or become aware of them.” – Catherine Ponder.
- “More important than the how we achieve financial freedom, is the why. Find you reasons why you want to be free and wealthy.” – Robert Kiyosaki.
- “A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luve.
- “Financial security and independence are like a three-legged stool resting on savings, insurance and investments.” – Brian Tracy.
- “Having money; being wealthy is having time.” – Margaret Bonnano.
- “To be wealthy you must develop a burning desire for wealth and financial independence.” – Brian Tracey.
- “There is no one who would guarantee you the security, financial independence, and the lifestyle you want except yourself.” – Haisah Aisya Joohary.
- “To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; turn enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence.” – Jim Rohn
- “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver.
- “Once you have enough money, it’s not about the money.” – David Baughier.
- “I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.” – Beyonce.
- “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau.
- “My feeling is that maintaining financial independence is also a healthy way to keep my feet on the ground.” – Valerie Trierweiler.
- “Being an independent woman means you can manage without the help of another. Doesn’t mean you have to, or must prove it.” – Anonymous.
- “Never miss twice. If you miss one day, try to get back on track as quickly as possible.” – James Clear, Atomic Habits.
- “See you just don’t understand women the way I do J.D. They want it all; a career, apple martinis, financial independence, great shoes but at the same time – and this they will admit – they are drawn to patriarchal men who are dominant and controlling. That’s the essence of the Darcy complex..” – Julie James.
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer.
- “A man is not a financial plan. Your financial success is up to you!’ – Brenna Smith.
I think the world has gone beyond the time when women relied on men for their financial independence. More and more women are getting good jobs and running businesses. There is still some work that has to be done to reduce the gap but progress has been made.
- “Financial independence should be your choice, not your option.” – Sanchaita Saha.
- “A tragic irony of life is that we so often achieve success or financial independence after the chief reason for which we sought it has passed away.” – Ellen Glasgow.
- “To get rich you have to be making money while you’re asleep.” – David Bailey.
As long as you still have enough sleep then it is alright. Otherwise, you will do it at the expense of your health. And if you get sick you won’t be able to enjoy your money.
- “Make your money and buy your freedom.” – Tamara Melton.
In a way having money gives you the freedom to control your destiny and how you manage your time. The sad fact of life is that the rich will always control the affairs of men.
- “In July, 1892, fate suddenly granted me financial independence.” – Carl Spitteler.
There is nothing as cool as having financial independence. When you rely on others financially they own you.
- “Money often costs too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Agreed. If you have money use it to buy assets. Money loses value but assets on investments like real estate will not lose value. They will instead appreciate in value. That is the lesson that all of us have to learn. Don’t put your money in a savings account for the long term. It won’t work in this world of low interest rates and your money will start losing value soon and inflation may be higher than the interest you get.
- “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand.
It is very easy to let wealth and money control you. Don’t be greedy and selfish in your quest to accumulate wealth.
- “Financial independence is a mental, emotional and educational process.” – Robert Kiyosaki.
As the good book says, “as a man thinketh so is he”. It all starts in the brain. You need to convince yourself first on the steps that you need to take to get to financial independence. Then you can find the information that you need to get where you wnat to be i.e. educate yourself.
- “Complete financial independence for women, my dream.” – Debajani Mohanty.
That should indeed be the goal of everyone of us. We all need to be financially independent. This is regardless of where you are female or male. We all should be masters of our own destiny. We can’t let others control that for us.
- “I work hard, I make my own living and I love it. I like having financial independence.” – Salma Hayek.
That is what we should all be striving towards, i.e. financial independence. The main reason why I blog quiet a lot is to reach that goal of financial freedom. I want to get to a point where I decide my working hours and how much I need to pay myself. That should be the ultimate goal of everyone. We cannot let corporations control our lives forever.
- “Many people think you have to be very intelligent to be successful in life. Exhaustive research shows that many self-made millionaires have only average intelligence.” – Brian Tracy.
There are so many very intelligent people who are poor or barely surviving. And I have also seen uneducated people get rich. I remember where I grew up we had a gentleman who could not even read or write but managed to become one of the richest people in his country. He had everything, a mansion, expensice cars, etc.
- “I buy my own diamonds. I don’t need someone to buy them for me. When a guy comes into my life it’ll not be for the diamonds, it’ll not be for the cars, it’ll not be for the homes.” – Priyanka Chopra.
A very financially independent lady indeed! I have come to love financial independence quotes from this lady. She seems to be someone who values her independence and who can blame her when she is one of the most recognisable faces in the world.
- “Americans are living longer, healthier lives, and will need more income to see them through their retirement. Making the right choices is critical to living a lifestyle of financial independence, and this booklet will help individuals realistically plan for their financial future.” – Ann Combs.
Sometimes people tend to forget that one day they will retire when they spend their money. If you want to be comfortable in your old age you need to start preparing for it now. Start investing in bonds, stocks, etc and they will come good for you in the future. Otherwise, you will be forced to rely on the state for your upkeep.
- “Financial freedom is available to those who learn about it and work for it.” – Robert Kiyosaki.
Knowledge is always power when it comes to financial independence. That should always be the starting point but it should not prevent you from taking action. Sometimes we can overdo the learning process and as a result fail to take action. They are certain things that are best learned by doing rather than reading or studying.
- “I think it’s great to be flawed. I am hugely flawed, and I like it this way. That’s the fun of life. You fall, get up, make mistakes, learn from them, be human, and be you.” – Priyanka Chopra.
Some people are so afraid of failure that they do nothing. That is a vey big mistake. No one is perfect in this world. In this world you will make mistakes and instead of whinning about them, learn from them and carry on.
- “Having financial independence does not increase one’s chances of independent, artistic creation whatsoever. Our conditioned behavior toward mimicry for the sake of market forces is an amazing syndrome. The watchtowers guide us well.” – Fady Joudah.
- “How can well-educated, high-income people be so naive about money? Because being a well-educated, high-income earner does not automatically translate into financial independence. It takes planning and sacrificing.” – Thomas J. Stanley.
Being educated is nothing in itself. You need to plan and take action and learn to make sacrifices if you are to be successful in business.
- “If financial independence gives the pleasure of domination, then “women become men”… Don’t replace men rather be equal.” – Arunyaips Tholupunuri.
There is nothing good about one group dominating another group. It ends up creating a world full of angry people and that is not good for anyone. This world is for all of us whether we are female or male. We cannot afford to keep women who comprise about 50 percent of the world’s population under men. It definitely won’t work. Educate a female and you educate the nation or the whole family.
- “Never work just for money or for power. They won’t save your soul or help you sleep at night.” – Marian Wright Edelman.
I have heard of people who are so obsessed with their investments that they end up not sleeping well at night. They are always checking the stock market table to see if their investments are doing well or no.
- “The free enterprise concept inherent in the economic model of capitalism should mean common people, or lower and middle-class wage-earners, have greater potential to rise up and gain financial independence. In reality, however, free enterprise all too often leads to an almost total lack of government regulation that in turn allows the global elite to run amuck in Gordon Gecko-style financial coups.” – James Morcan.
- “If no changes were necessary for you to achieve financial independence, you’d already be there.” – John Cummuta.
That is exactly what I have experienced too. You will need to make changes to so many things if your goal is financial independence. Nothing comes easy in this world. You need to be willing to put in the hours.
- “A wealthy person who never had to rely on help and resources from his community is leading a privileged life that falls way outside more than a million years of human experience. Financial independence can lead to isolation, and isolation can put people at a greatly increased risk of depression and suicide. This might be a fair trade for a generally wealthier society – but a trade it is.” – Sebastian Junger.
Sometimes we can be slaves of our own success. THe fact is that the richest people end up living away from everyone else. This only increases the risk of stress and other ills. Man is a social being and needs company to maintain his marbles.
- “Never seek financial independence in independent cinema since independent cinema doesn’t make money.” – Mitra Farahani.
Related Post: Quotes about investing in others
- “…this [network marketing] is the industry that entices with its abundance. You can achieve financial independence while enjoying time freedom, and your message is that anyone else who wants it can achieve it, too. There is no need to feel threatened because there is plenty for everyone. The message to all is, ‘Come and join us. We can all win together.'” – Stephen Covey.
This reminds me of a quotation I saw from one of the biggest bloggers out there. He said that in thinking of a blogging niche go for the one where there is a lot of traffic. Do worry to much about competition such that you go for niches with minute traffic and end up making no headway in terms of income.
- “Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce – to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That’s true financial independence. It’s not having wealth; it’s having the power to produce wealth. It’s intrinsic.” – Stephen R Covey.
Most of us would rather create wealth for other people but not for ourselves. We are satisfied working for someone else instead of thinking of ways to be your own boss. To have your own business, online or otherwise.
- “I had wasted my life in the pursuit of a career, romance, financial independence and the best heels in town when it seems I could have done more for my self-esteem with a .38 caliber handgun.” – Tyne O’Connell.
- “By setting the goal to achieve financial independence using real estate investing, you’re creating space for your important dreams.” – Chad Carson.
Real estate investing is an area that most of us don’t pay much attention but it is another lucrative business. The good thing about this is that almost always the value of real estate will keep on growing.
- “The personal wealth that’s coming is absolutely secondary to the stories that I hear about our users who have given themselves some financial independence as well by starting businesses, and all the lives we’ve touched positively.” – Pierre Omidyar.
- “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin.
This is probably one of the best financial independence quotes you can ever find anywhere. No one can steal the knowledge that is in your head. They may steal your creations but not the knowledge you have acccumulated in your head.
Related Post: Selfish People Quotes.
It is my sincere hope that these financial independence quotes have uplifted your soul as you seek your financial freedom. I will keep on adding these financial freedom quotes as I find them. This will hopefully help those in chains of credit card companies. payday loan companies, etc to free themselves from these financial bondages.