One doesn’t not need to be an adult to realise that if you are not careful you can easily be taken advantage of by people who are only interested in themselves. Therefore as you manage your personal finances you need to be aware that not all people are interested in your welfare.
In the following paragraphs I share some interesting selfish people quotes to make your day.
- “Foolish, selfish people are always thinking of themselves and the result is always negative. Wise persons think of others, helping them as much as they can, and the result is happiness. Love and compassion are beneficial both for you and others. Through your kindness to others, your mind and heart will open to peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “Some selfish people.. They treat you nicely only when they think you are useful to them in any way. They care only about how they feel and will never care about your emotions.” – Anonymous.
- “Almost every sinful action committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves” – Stephen Kendrick.
- “Selfish people also tend to have victim mindsets…Their actions plant seeds of loneliness; then they cry upon the blooming.” – Steve Maraboli.
- “Marriage is just an elaborate game that allows two selfish people to periodicaly feel they’re not” – Paul Reiser.
- “Selfish people never taste the real love, because they always look for someone better.” – Rudra.
- “Selfish people are, by definition, those whose activities are devoted to bringing themselves happiness. Yet… thes selfish people are far less likely to be happy than those whose efforts are devoted to making others happy.” – Bernard Rimland.
- “With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone.” – Buddha.
- “Sympathizing and selfish people are alike, both given to tears.” – Leigh Hunt.
- “There are many selfish people who are extremely original, then they take those pure ideas and use them to raise themselves up, that is an insecure move.” – Daniel Smith.
- “Supporting selfish people is a waste of time and energy! They will always find an excuse to blame you for their own mistakes!” – Abhishek Chauhan.
- “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.” – Quida.
- “Like all truly selfish people, Kliemann believed the minutiae of his life must be fascinating to all.” – Ben Macintyre.
- “To love is to value. Only a rationally selfish man, a man of self esteem, is capable of love – because he is the only man capable of holding firm, consistent, uncompromising, unbetrayed value. The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand.
- “Jealousy is a passion typical to selfish people.” – Vissarion Belinsky.
- “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.” – Erich Fromm.
- “Selfish people are in a way terribly capable of great loves.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- “Being goal-oriented instead of self-oriented is crucial. I know so many people who want to be writers. But let me tell you, they really don’t want to be writers. They want to have been writers. They wish they had a book in print. They don’t want to gro through the work of getting the damn book out. There is a huge difference.” – James A Michener.
- “A self absorbed person only can see the faults of others but they are often color blind to their own.” – Unknown.
- “Selfish people can’t understand what compromising is in a relationship. Neither will they ever see why it’s necessary in a relationship.” – Aansa Gondal.
- “It’s usually the selfish people who are loved the most. They do what you deny yourself, and you love them for it. You give them your heart.” – Saul Bellow.
- “My father said there were two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.” – Marlo Thomas.
- “Relationship aren’t designed for selfish people.” – Unknown.
- “We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive.” – Lord Byron.
- “Mean, untrustworthy and selfish people I thought I knew. Never before I met you, I realized that people could fake emotions deep down in their eyes too.” – Chitrakshi Singh.
- “Even a tiny bit of deceit is dishonorable when it’s used for selfish or cowardly reasons.” – Jeanne Birdsall.
- “Selfish people tend to only be good to themselves…they are surprised when they are alone.” – Shivani Kumari.
- “When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves – they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.” – Cheryl Hughes.
- “It is you who has to decide who stays in your life and who doesn’t. You will come across many people in your life. They will all have a purpose to fulfill. Some will teach you a lesson and some will leave your soul wounded. Some will love you for their selfish motives and some will love you unconditionally. Some will cheat you. lie to you and stab you in your back. Learn from the lessons life teaches you and don’t waster your time on people who are there in your life for their convenience and who never take you seriously. Don’t allow people to use you for their happiness. Just be strong and don’t let anything break you or leave you shattered. Choose the people whom you want in your life.” – Aarti Khurana.
- “She’s done extending herself to people with arms that don’t reach like hers. She’s about to go rogue, transform, and be a little bit more selfish.” – Sylvester Menutt.
- “My mon said something: ‘You can lie down for people to walk on you and they will still complain that you’re not flat enough.’ Live your life.” – Mature Gambino.
- “When you have given nothing, ask for nothing.” – Proverb.
- “You can never win an argument with a negative person. They only hear what suits them and listen only to respond.” – Michael Watson.
- “I am convinced that the majority of people would be generous from selfish motives, if they had the opportunity.” – Charles Dudley Warner.
These are all the quotes about selfish people that I could find. Please learn from them and “unlearn” some. This is because this is a mixed bag of quotes.