Does Bluehost offer free domain? Yes, it does? But to get the free domain name from Bluehost you need to purchase web hosting which you can get for only $2.65 per month for a one site hosting.
This $2.65 is the introductory offer and goes up once the 36 months offer period is finished.
However, it will only go up to $6.57 per month after 3 years which is still very reasonable.
And if you are a serious blogger you will be earning more than enough for the blog to pay itself.
In fact, I would expect a serious blogger to be earning at least $4,000 dollars a month in 6 months. So this price is peanuts.
To get the free domain you need to go to the Bluehost sign page by clicking the link below. (That link is my affiliate link and you won’t be charged any extra amount)
When you click this page you will be taken to the get started page below.
After clicking the get started page you will be taken to a page where you will choose the plan that you want.
If you are just starting out you can just pick the basic plan.
As a new blogger, it is advisable to concentrate on one blog at first so the basic plan should suit your needs. Thereafter you can easily upgrade your plan.
Once you have chosen the plan you will now be taken to the page where you will pick your free domain. If you already have a blog name you can put it in the other part, “I have a domain name”
Tips for choosing a domain name
Choosing a domain name should be a stressful experience. The following tips should help you as you decide on this.
- Go for .com. There are so many domain name extensions around but .com is still the most popular extension. This, therefore, means that it is easy to remember. It is the first extension that comes to people’s mind when they think of searching for a blog. Therefore use .com if you can.
- Avoid using hyphens and numbers in your name. It is difficult for your visitors to remember hyphens. So avoid it if you can. You don’t want people to struggle to find your site. Make it easy for them by avoiding numbers and hyphens.
- Pick a catchy name. If you can pick a catchy name just like Google did. Just remember that if you complicate it people may struggle to find your site. But if it is properly done it can separate you from the rest of the competition.
- Keep it short. Try to pick a short name as it is easy to remember. I understand that it is nowadays difficult to find short names as most are already taken. So if you cannot use one word try two words.
- If your site is a local site use the place name. If your site is targeting a particular city or area then include that city in your name too.
- Make sure it is easy to type. Your focus should be on your customers. You, therefore, don’t want a name that is difficult to type. This can make you lose potential customers if they fail to reach your site.
- Consider adding your niche in your name. If your site is about herbs, then consider adding herbs in your name. SEO experts say it can help in your ranking. I have not tested it but it does no harm to try it.
Here are some blog posts that can help you in your blogging journey.
Is Bluehost good for blogging? This one analyses facts about Bluehost, a hosting company that hosts millions of blogs and websites.
How to start a WordPress blog on Bluehost. In this post, you will learn how to start a WordPress blog on one of the most popular hosting company’s server.
So the answer to the question “does Bluehost offer free domain?” is definitely yes if you purchase a hosting service.