In this post I have collected some cool and funny quotes about saving money wisely.
- “Saving a small amount soon builds up to a large amount.” – Scottish Proverb.
2. “Saving money won’t get us rich. You have to spend it to get it.” – Jonathan Anthony Burkett.
3. “If you buy things you do not need soon you will have to sell things you need.” – Warren Buffett.
4. “No matter how much you eat, save some seeds for sowing.” – Latin Proverb.
5. “Cutting food waster is a delicious way of saving money, helping to feed the world and protect the planet.” – Tristram Stuart.
6. “So many people of wealth understand much more about making and saving money than about using and enjoying it. They fail to live because they are always preparing to live.” – Alan Watts.
7. “Restraining, saving, assuring your checkbook balance… What does all that amount to? If I go broke one day I’ll just take out loans.” – Novala Takemoto.
8. “Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.” – Ernest Haskins.
9. “By definition, saving for anything – requires us to not get things now so that we can get bigger ones later.” – Jean Chatzky.
10. “Influence is like a savings account. The less you use it, the more you’ve got.” – Andrew Young.
11. “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” – Jon Moore.
12. “Save your money. You’re going to need twice as much money in your old age as you think.” Michael Caine.
13. “A penny saved is a penney earned.” – Benjamin Franklin.
14. “It is critical that kids start to learn the value of money, short-term and long term saving and budgeting at an early age.” – Alexa Von Tobel.
15. “The are is not in making money but in keeping it.” – Proverb.
Related Post: Fear Of Spending Money
16. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson.
17. “Money goes where it’s respected. So, spend wisely; save and invest carefully; pay bills on time; keep good financial records; get professional help and advice when you need it.” – James Goi Jr.
18. “Don’t stay in bed unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns.
19. “If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.” – Billy Graham.
20. “As slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich. He who gathers in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who brings shame.” Proverbs 10:4-5.
21. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big tvs.” – Zig Zigler.
22. “Those who stop marketing to save money are like those who stop a clock to save time.” – Henry Ford.
23. “You can be young without money, but you can’t be old without it.” – Tennessee Williams.
24. “We were saving, saving, saving then going to France and blowing the money eating. She was a nurse and have never experienced fine dining but she loved it, too. Our mates thought it absurd.” – Heston Blumenthal.
25. “The people who are taking these loans because it’s the only way they can afford their house are exposing themselves to a lot of risk. They’re not saving money and they’re not building equity, which means they could find themselves in a scenario where they owe more money than their house is worth.” – Ric Edelman.
26. “Dating means doing a lot of fun things you will never do again if you get married. The fun stops with marriage because you’re trying to save money for when you split up your property.” – Dave Barry.
27. “While I was trying to save money to go to the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia I ended up getting all of this experience which meant that by the time I had enough money in the bank to go to school I didn’t really need to go to school anymore.” – Russell Crowe.
28. “The more surely you rear your children in the ways of the gospel of Jesus Christ, with love and high expectation, the more likely that there will be peace in their lives. Set an example for them. That will mean more than all the teaching you can give them. Do not overindulge them. Let them grow up with respect for and understanding of the meaning of labor, of working and contributing to the home and its surroundings, with some way of earning some of their own expense money. Let your sons save for missions, and encourage them to prepare themselves, not only financially, but spiritually and in an attitude to go out to serve the Lord without selfishness of any kind.” — Gordon B. Hinckley.
29. “The potential to save money, paper and trees is enormous.” – Diane Stean.
30. “Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
40. “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” – Charles A Jaffe.
41. “Money is a guarantee that we may have what we want in the future. Though we need nothing at the moment it ensures the possibility of satisfying a new desire when it arises.” – Aristotle.
42. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey.
Related Post: Best Budgeting Apps For Couples.
I can see that you have had a good time reading these quotes about saving money wisely. That is nothing if you are not going to take any action. The recent financial crisis has exposed the fact that most of us don’t save enough for when our incomes will suddenly dry up.